Schools at Museum of Lakeland Life & Industry
“Exploring the rooms helped the children to gain a picture of the past without mobile phones and televisions. The children couldn’t stop talking about their day and their parents are very keen to watch their films."
Andrea Day, Teacher, St Mary's Kirkby Kendal C of E Primary School (Story Seeker Session)
About the Museum of Lakeland Life & Industry
Step back in time and discover how the people of Cumbria lived, played and worked. This quirky, colourful collection brings local history to life through a wonderful mixture of exhibitions, period rooms and a chance to wander down the street scene to explore a historic pharmacy, printmakers and toy shop. Pupils learn about lost Lakeland trades and local figures including author Authur Ransome and photographer Joseph Hardman. With an interactive ‘curator’s office’ learning space and activity trails for self-led visits.
Price of School Sessions
- Half day (2 hour workshops) £4 per pupil
- Full day (4 hour workshops) £6 per pupil
- Self-guided (regular opening hours) Free
How to Book
- All visits must be arranged three weeks in advance by sending a Booking Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Teachers are encouraged to visit our venues free of charge to prepare for group visits and get inspired.